Thursday, October 21, 2021

HELLO, ATTORNEY!

(Below is a personal letter I sent to someone nice to me.) 


Hello, Attorney!

I remember Friday morning and the memory of our meeting often haunts me.

Siguro, dahil sa medical checkup mo... sa pagpapa-blood chem mo. Kasi, iyan din ang reason why despite Gapan-based na ako ay bumalik ako sa Olongapo. Nagpa-blood chem din ako rito kasi nahilo rin ako and my BP rose to 170/90. E, hindi naman ako high blood!

Since yung unang blood chem resulted sa high blood sugar, nagpunta ako sa Diabetologist. But before he prescribed medicine, he required three more blood chems for confirmation kung diabetic ba ako. Fortunately, hindi. So, hindi siya nag-prescribe ng kahit anong medicine.

I tried to analyze… bakit kaya? Since I had anxietty attack when I was in the province, I attributed the health problem to CHANGES; i.e., change in residence... change in the usual ways of doing things.  I am very much aware naman that change especially when sudden or abrupt and disagreeable can trigger anxiety.

Then I rationalized, "Ah, kaya pala may pre-retirement seminar. Anticipated or expected ang ganitong eksena. Kaya pala the last time I saw my psychiatrist, he asked me how I regard retirement".

So, balik muna ako sa Olongapo. Tuloy muna kung ano'ng naging familiar sa akin in the last 47 years that I had been away from home sweet home.

I have also realized that when one is in his twilight years, life gets more precious. Nothing but LIFE ITSELF becomes the only thing that matters.

Hindi na importante ang material wealth (buti na lang ever since ay strange sa akin ang bagay na 'yan).

Hindi na ang physical and outside beauty and glamour (okay lang din sa akin kasi wala naman ako nun).

Hindi na ang power and position (never ding nagkaroon ako).

Hindi na fame or popularity (lalo namang wala ako).

Kasi, mapasa-akin man ang mga iyon, if I have no life, paano ko mae-enjoy ang mga iyon?

And because life has become more precious now that I am a senior citizen, I am focusing on three major factors that will give me a good chance to live longer:

1. Foods and drinks that I take into my body

2. Activities that I do, and

3. The things that I think about (or my attitude towards people and circumstances).

Ang dami ko nang ini-snub na foods and drinks. I don't eat red meat anymore -- beef, pork (pero chicken, in moderation). I don't drink softdrinks and coffee. And I avoid as much as I can oily, sweet, and salty foods.  At kung anu-ano pang unhealthy and harmful substances. Nakuntento na lang ako sa sinigang, pinangat, bulanglang, paksiw, inihaw, steamed veggies o yun bang ipinatong lang sa nilutong kanin. Ang advice ko sa sarili ko: hindi baleng hindi masarap, basta't malusog! Look! No more gout… no more arthritis... no more rayuma. I mean, matagal nang hindi umaatake. Problema ko lang, itong patis na ito. Ayaw pumirma sa divorce paper.

But what's more amazing --- wala akong maintainance medicine.

Sa activities naman ---- brisk walking early in the morning, some light physical exercises, washing isang tambak na dishes (my stress reliever), and going to market. I also have an "ADOPTING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE PROGRAM" which I hope to successfully carry out.

Sa attitude naman, dati naman na akong pasensiyoso, hindi magagalitin, Through the years, I have gained a high degree of tolerance with regards to dealing with super obnoxious and irrational people. And despite the strings of traumas that adorn my very colorful life, I still believe I have to let go of the past and move on. Yes, let go... and let God.

Also, I am determined to TRULY forgive and forget those who oppressed and harassed me (especially my irrational office superiors) and those who maligned my name. And I have forgiven them. Yun nga lang, isinumpa ko muna sila bago pinatawad.

(Joke lang yung last line, Atty.)

Lastly, thanks for the pleasant memories! I remember you would either email or text me, "Gaudz, admin leave na..." due to the storm. Or, "Gaudz , may vacancy sa..." (Saan nga bang department yun?) Imagine, HR Manager entertaining me!

Anyway, I hope okay ang result ng blood chem mo. O baka naman pregnant ka uli? Ikaw kasi, nag-asawa ka ng a la Yorme Isko. Ka-guapo na, mabait pa! 

Thanks again, Atty! God bless!


Gaudz

25 Nov 2019 

No comments:

Post a Comment